Every third accident is serious
New speed – new risks
How to stay safe while on the go
- Visit special driving training for electric bikes.
- Start off slowly: Use the lowest speed setting for your first outing and only increase it once you are able control your electric bike in any traffic situation.
- Wear a helmet at all times – it protects you from serious head injuries in most cases.
- Make yourself visible – with bright clothes, hi-vis strips and lighting, even during the day.
- Cycle defensively: Give other road users the right of way and always ensure that you have been seen through eye contact.
Optimum protection for your bike
Bikes and pedal-assisted e-bikes capable of speeds of up to 25 km/h are covered under household contents insurance at Zurich, usually up to a value of CHF 2,000 in the event of theft away from home. On rare occasions, they are also covered against damage up to a particular amount via additional accidental damage cover. For fast e-bikes (pedal assistance up to 45km/h), an additional module is required. Zurich Bike Insurance is ideal for anyone looking for more protection:
Zurich Bike Insurance provides global all-risk insurance for your bike or e-bike – in the event of theft, damage and destruction. With the right optional additional cover, we are also there to assist you with 24h breakdown cover throughout Europe.