First home

Your first home

When you are moving into your own four walls or a shared apartment, there are a few things to be aware of. Don't just think about new furniture, you should also consider insurance coverage. When you permanently move out of your parents house, you are no longer covered by your parents' family policy.

Good to know

Household contents & personal liability insurance

As a rule, having both types of cover is not mandatory. However, we would recommend that you have them both. Household contents insurance protects your belongings. Personal liability insurance protects you against claims in the event that others experience loss or damage as a result of your actions.

Save together

Are you moving in with your partner? If so, you could combine your household contents and personal liability insurance and save.

Swap your security deposit for insurance

Instead of placing your security deposit in a bank account, you can take out security deposit insurance. You pay a small annual premium and the insurance covers your deposit.

Frequently asked questions about your first home

There are lots of questions to answer when moving into your first home. In our FAQ you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Frequently asked questions Downloads

Compare household contents insurance and save

Compare premiums now and find the right offer for you. Send us your existing policies or offers. We will use these as a basis to create a suitable comparative offer: simple, free and with no obligation to you.

1. Upload document:

Upload and existing offer or policy.

2. Enter email and phone number:

This will allow us to send you the documents and contact you if necessary.

3. Get offer:

We will send you your personal comparative offer within two working days.

Well protected in your new home

With our insurance solutions you and your four walls will receive the best possible protection.
Young couple moving

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance gives tenants and owners comprehensive coverage for their worldly possessions.

Personal Liability Insurance

Private liability insurance

A claim involving third parties or property can quickly become expensive. Private liability insurance gives you comprehensive, worldwide coverage.

man on the sofa

Rental quarantee insurance

The easy alternative to conventional rent deposit accounts: You don’t have to provide a cash as a security deposit.

Guide for moving: Go for it!

Our guide helps you plan your move carefully so that you don't forget anything important when moving into a new location.
Family with moving boxes

So that everything goes well during the move

Five tips for stress and trouble-free moving.
Laughing woman

As a result, you enjoy all-round protection at home.

Household insurance covers household contents insurance and personal liability insurance and is the basic insurance for your home.
Apartment with open balcony door

Theft – universally well protected

At home or elsewhere, theft is upsetting. Zurich Household Contents Insurance provides good protection. Learn how you can best protect your household contents comprehensively, wherever the theft occurs.