How a car subscription works
With a car subscription, you rent a vehicle for a certain period of time. With our partner and car subscription provider Carify for example, you can take out a vehicle subscription with a minimum term of one month. During the subscription period, you pay a monthly fee as a customer of Carify. This fee includes the following costs:
- Service and maintenance
- Swiss freeway vignette
All-inclusive: No additional costs except for refueling
Car subscription: Advantages and disadvantages
Using a vehicle instead of owning a car: This is the principle behind a car subscription. Customers of car subscriptions benefit from many advantages. With the car subscription provider Carify, you benefit from the following features:
Advantages of car subscriptions
- Full cost control: You pay a fixed monthly price. The subscription price includes all essential services relating to the car. This means you always have your expenses under control.
- Individual: You decide whether you want to rent a car for 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 or 36 months or longer.
- Easy: You can conveniently cancel your car subscription online. The car will be delivered to your home upon request.
- Fast: You usually only wait a few days for your new vehicle.
- Large selection: You can choose from a wide range of models and brands.
- Flexible: You can switch vehicles according to your needs and life situation.
Disadvantages of car subscriptions
Taking out a car subscription does also have certain disadvantages:
- Limited: The rented car does not belong to you. At the end of the subscription period, the vehicle is returned to the garage.
- Configuration: You cannot choose what extras the car has.
- Costs: Car subscriptions can be more expensive than buying or leasing. Especially if you rent the car for years.
- Additional miles: You pay a surcharge if you drive more miles than contractually agreed.
For whom is a car subscription worthwhile?
Car subscriptions are particularly worthwhile for people who want to remain flexible and mobile. Does this sound like you? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your life situation set to change in the foreseeable future? For example, because your family is growing or you will be absent for a long period of time?
- Would you like to test drive a particular car for a long time before you buy it? For example, an e-car to find out if the technology suits you?
- Do you need a car just temporarily? For example, because you are waiting for your new car to be delivered? Or do you need to get mobile quickly for a short while?
- Do you prefer an all-round carefree package and would rather not worry about service, taxes, insurance or changing tires?
- Do you like to drive different models? Would you like to drive a new vehicle from time to time?
- If you answered "yes" to some of the questions, then a subscription model might be for you.
Tip: Keep an eye on our partner's website Carify for various offers and a suitable car for you.